The resorts have many different options, from Value and Moderately priced resorts to Deluxe and Deluxe villa’s. Our team member from Time Travels Inc was able to stay at two wonderful Moderate resorts in February and in June of this year, and visited three Deluxe resort for comparison.
Coronado Springs, Moderate: Coronado Springs is a wonderful resort. It has an authentic Mexican theme, a lovely pool area with waterslide, and beautiful grounds with a running path. For dining, it has a table-dining restaurant as well as a great grab-n-go market in addition to a quick-service food court. The rooms were clean and nicely decorated. It is a conference hotel, therefore it can get busy with conference guests, however it is a very nice, reasonably priced option.
Caribbean Beach, Moderate: Caribbean Beach is also a wonderful resort. The dining is very similar to Coronado, as are the grounds. One negative is that the rooms have double beds vs. the queen beds that Coronado Springs have, and the décor is a bit more outdated – however the pool area is spectacular, especially for families! There is a kid pool that has a large pirate ship, and 3 small waterslides – great for any age that can walk! The resort provides complementary life jackets, and also has zero-entry in both the children’s pool, and the larger pool. The larger pool is complete with two older-kid and adult friendly water slides, and was plenty big to house all guests.
The Deluxe resorts are beautiful and we took a tour of a couple of them.
· Polynesian: Is a wonderful, beautiful hotel. It is under construction at this time and will be even more spectacular in a few months. Those looking for a tropical Hawaiian feel, complete with a luau, should definitely experience this hotel.
· Contemporary: The Contemporary resort is also amazing. It has clean, sleek décor and is conveniently located next to Magic Kingdom.
· The Grand Floridian: is an amazing luxurious get-away. You’ll definitely want to stay here if you want to experience all that Walt Disney World has to offer. Marble floors, a grand piano, attendants ready to help you with anything you need – and amazingly convenient access to the Monorail which can get you to, or connect you with other transportation, to all of the theme parks.
There is SO much more to say about the resorts – so please call or email us at Time Travels Inc for additional insider information.
Musings from a parent of two children under the age of 5: Pixie Dust is magical. All it takes is a small pinch and a child can do the most incredible things- like jump off the living room sofa! The most amazing thing about it is, when you are three years old, Pixie Dust doesn’t even have to be all glitter and sparkle. In our household at least, it has taken form as scrap bits of construction paper, a handful of cheerio crumbs, or our personal favorite to clean up after, grass clippings. Now, imagine a place where Pixie Dust exists, but instead of jumping off the sofa, (as thrilling as it is) you actually launch into Neverland in your very own pirate ship, soar among the stars, see Peter Pan save the day, AND you don’t have to get out the broom and dust pan when it’s done. Welcome to Walt Disney World. Any parent with a child under the age of five needs to experience the complete awe and wonderment that comes when make believe becomes true reality. Make sure that Peter Pan’s Flight is on your attraction itinerary. The ride takes three minutes of time and sets the stage for a lifetime of believing in the impossible. No dust pan required.
Helpful hints for parents of children under the age of 5:
· Bring a Stroller – or better yet, Rent One! You do not need to schlep your own stroller if you don’t want to. There are a number of full service stroller rental companies that can help you and your little one enjoy Disney World. Kingdom Strollers rental service is excellent, efficient and hassle free
· You can bring your own snacks and water into the park! When hunger strikes, you do not want to be standing empty handed. All Disney theme parks allow parents to bring snacks and water into the park. Pack your treats in clear zip lock bags so that security can easily see what you are bringing in. It's that easy. All of our experiences with Security were pleasant and without issue. It was so nice to be in the parks and have our standby Goldfish crackers and applesauce pouches available for little tummy emergencies.
· A FastPass+ for popular attractions go FAST – so sign up early.
· Breakfast Character Dining Experiences are an excellent way to guarantee Meet and Greet photo opportunities with all the beloved characters, and provide an opportunity to enter the theme parks BEFORE they actually open. Character Dining is a total V.I.P. experience. Amazing, and totally worth every penny spent. I'm not sure who was more excited to see Tigger at the Crystal Cafe in Magic Kingdom, my kids or me. Woo-hoo-hoo-hoo!
Call Time Travels Inc. Today,